Earlier this year, I learned something from one of the best strength coaches in the world, Charles Poliquin. He recommended to his students at the BioSignature course I took in June to start a “Grateful Log”. In his experience, this has been an effective tool for helping people improve the quality of sleep as it calms the mind, shifts you into a more “positive” attitude before bed. Improving your sleep quality is easily the most underrated component for fat loss.
For those of you who might want some tips on how to start your own grateful log: http://tinyurl.com/9xccj5c
I just wanted to openly say how THANKFUL and GRATEFUL I am to have some of you in my life. Some of my clients have become some of my best friends. I am so thankful for the way things in the last 3 years have transpired because that meant I met you, when I might not have otherwise. Everything happens for a reason and for that – thank you “She who shall not be named”.
1) Thank you to the people who have allowed me to be myself. One of my all time favorite quotes is:
Recently, someone put me in a position where I felt absolutely censored. No should ever should make you feel like you can’t speak your mind* (*Obviously bullying would be exempt) To the person who made me feel this way – Karma will come your way soon.
2) Thank you to the clients who have become good friends of mine. Natalie, Danielle G., Danielle D, Adam, Porter, MBD, Rebecca, Jen – to name a few. Thank you for our talks and generally being very supportive of me.
3) Thank you to the people who show up on time for classes and ready to workout no matter what and ACTUALLY put in effort. You know who you are. Jen R.- if you see this – I want you to know how proud I am of you. Keep at it, girl.
4) Thank you to the people who ask me questions or advice. It makes the hours of time I spend reading, attending courses, seminars and symposiums, listening podcasts, watching videos and documentaries WORTH IT when someone asks your opinion and actually follows my advice, no matter how radical it might seem.
5) Thank you to the people who give me feedback. I love it. I am always up for suggestions, comments, criticism – without it? I can’t professional develop – so thank you.
6) Thank you to the people who talk to me during a class. I know you are there to workout, but it means a lot when you share things about your day, your family, your life etc. I like getting to know my clients.
7) Thank you to my BFF Brittany and Mama Kim. Both of you are amazing. Your dedication to your health/fitness is absolutely unreal. Thank you for being someone I can talk to about my job. To have someone understand completely how you feel and knows the things I go through as a business owner is amazing. If I didn’t love the people I get to workout with, you know I’d be living with one of you. You both inspire me to be a better trainer and a better version of myself.
8) Thank to my amazing sister, Laura. You are always there for me and I love you to death. Thanks for all the “meetings”. haha
9) Mom and Dad – You aren’t going to see this because you have used up every ounce of patience I had with teaching you how to use Kijiji…. but thank you for all you do for me though.
10) Thanks to one of my ex boyfriends, Matt. You are proof that everyone comes into your life for a reason. Thank you for giving me the best thing I could ever wake up to in the morning, even though he wakes me up by scratching at my fricken door vent and won’t leave my side anytime I’m home and constantly is going through the garbage and makes my lulu covered in dog hair and makes vacuuming my car labourous and craps all over the house. Lloyd – I love ya… but you make my hair grey and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
* Thank you for reading. Feel free to share in the comments the things YOU are thankful and grateful for.